Friday, October 29, 2021

Charlotte Bronte started it

Charlotte Bronte. What a brilliant novelist and poet.  The other day I ran across this picture on the internet with this quote from her novel Jane Eyre.  The words and the way that they are written cut right through me like a hot iron as if I could feel exactly what she was insinuating.   I've never actually read this whole book, just bits and pieces of it.  I have just spent one of my audible credits on it and plan to experience this masterpiece once and for all.  I realized that I do this thing when I really get interested in something I will study it, almost become obsessed with it. Also in all of this realization I've come to realize that this is both a gift and a curse. It all just depends on what my brain decides to obsess about and whether that obsession is for the greater good or if it's a form of self destruction.  You learn to manage them, you learn to embrace this gifted curse and know that things could possibly be much worse.  One day I'll be a real writer and not just one that's obsessing.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment