Saturday, January 5, 2019

Creatures On A Rock

On my last post I stated that I have been trying to start a blog now for about 12 years and once I published it and was looking around I noticed that I in fact started this blog account in 2009. I would have been 20 and thus it would have only been 10 years but despite my bad memory and time judgment a lot has happened in the last ten years.  I graduated college with a degree is Mass Communications from Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK. I got my dream job being a radio DJ, while there I also sold radio advertising, probably one of the hardest things to sell in my opinion. It's like selling air and hoping someone is there to breath it in when its released.  I also wrote my own ad copy and produced the ads something that I really enjoyed. I meet my husband, we got married and spent roughly six years helping take care of his grandmother with Dementia. I also switched from selling radio ads to car insurance which I only did for about a year before finding my place randomly off a Facebook post about a bartending job at the Elks lodge that turned into a full blown career.  I've been with the Elks now for about 2 and a half years, its been such a blessing in my life and I can't leave out that my husband and I started a leather business.  So as you can see there has been a lot of things that have transpired and I really just skimmed the top of it. I've spent ten years not making the things I love to do one of my priorities and sitting and worrying or just going through the movements, but that's what this post is really about, its about continuing on, not letting the past define who you are and what your future holds.  It may have taken me 10 years but I am committed to making this a regular thing.  I've always loved to write so it's so exciting and moving to be making it my reality and to be able to share my thoughts and my art with all of you.  I had a friend comment on my blog link I shared on my twitter yesterday after my first post, she writes "We're all just creatures on a rock, homie." and she's so right but this creature is destined to move that rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment